Saturday, April 3, 2010

New Zealand

As my dear postcrossing friend, Annie (Wildfire in the forums) asked me which New Zealand cards I have received from her, I realized that I haven't uploaded any NZ cards for quite some time. Here is the first four I managed to find but I know there is more to upload.

The first card is from Adriennegarry for Europe X Islands tag. It shows the beautiful beaches of Northland along the Tutukaka coastline.



The second card is from Wildfire showing Arthurs Pass, South Island. On the left Avalanche Peak can be seen. On top right there is Arthur Dudley Dobson Memorial, on top middle Arthurs Pass Store and bottom right is a winter scene of the main road through Arthurs Pass.

The third card is from Wildfire showing the Otira Gorge: A campervan approaches Reid's Fall, after passing under the Rock Shelter. Further down is the cheerfully named Starvation Point.

The last card is also from Wildfire, showing Archway Islands, Wharariki Beach, Golden Bay. Wind and wave activity have carved these off shore Arches on this very rugged and beautiful coastline.

1 comment: