Saturday, February 6, 2010

Michigan of Sarah

Why I name this entry as "Michigan of Sarah"? 'Cuz Sarah (swillson in the forums) is the nice postcrosser I found on facebook. Then, we came across in the forums. We did some 1-1 swaps and she sent me great cards.

This one is like the introduction to Michigan, "Wolverine State". ıt's the 26th State admitted to the Union. Sarah says, "Most of the tourist places of Michigan are in the upper peninsula and on the west side of the lower peninsula". The card says:

Capital: Lansing
Population: 8,875,000
Flower: Apple Blossom
Bird: Robin
Tree: White Pine
Sarah sent me this colorful autumn card of Michigan for US Around the World RR, Group 3. The photos on the card are by John Penrod. On the back, it says, "Michigans's autumn is a wonderful season. Visitors can enjoy an extra long span of color starting in September in the northern area, thorugh the month of October in the southern region of the state. Shorelines, lakes and highways all have a special charm at this time of the year".
Sarah was so kind to send me these cards of cute whitetail deers and the baby porcupine on my request for our private swap. I'm so happy that both of the cards reached me safely.

Sarah's last card of Michigan came last month, showing the winter in Michigan. I really liked it :)











No comments:

Post a Comment