Sunday, February 7, 2010

Graz

My dear postcrossing forum friend and the current host of Different Countries RR, Andrea (marcie08 in the forums) is the person that introduced me to the pretty postcards of Graz, Austria together with some really interesting stamps.


The first one is the last card I received from Andrea for Different Countries RR, New Year Group. It shows an artificial island called Murinsel on the river Mur in Graz. There is a cafe on the island. I was thinking how nice it'd be to go to that cafe on a lazy Sunday afternoon with a bunch of postcards to write cards while enjoying a cup of tea...

The second card from Andrea had come for Different Countries RR, Winter (2009) Group with two pretty stamps. It's a really nice multiview of Graz with a blue background. From left to right, the card shows the Eggenberg Castle, the townhall, the clock tower, the island of Murinsel on river Mur (a single view of this pretty island is on the card above), the museum of modern art & photography and Mariahilf Church.

The last card I've posted here is actually the first card I had received from Andrea in August 2009 for Different Countries RR, Group 126. The building with an interesting architecture is the Museum of Contemporary Art & Photography. It was built in 2003 when Graz was the European Capital of Culture. It made me think: 2010 European Capital of Culture is İstanbul but I'm not sure if we are promoting it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment